High School Graduating Class of 2016 (Grade 10)
July 24 – 26, 2013
The Lehigh Valley Showcase is designed to provide rising high school sophomores from the Lehigh Valley and across the country with advanced skill development in a highly competitive, tournament style, playing environment. The showcase will provide a platform for players to display their skills in front of college coaches from Divisions I, II, and III, as these coaches will be invited to serve as instructors and also as recruiters.
Off the field, players will take part in strength and speed training clinic (results will be given to take home at the end of camp), recruiting & academic seminar, and a leadership/character building seminar. The mission of the Lehigh Valley Showcase is to help prospective student athletes gain visibility within the recruiting landscape, while helping them grow as players and as people.
* Interested Lehigh Prospects – This camp will be a great opportunity to see what being a Student-Athlete in the Lehigh lacrosse program is all about. You will stay in the same dorms, use the same facilities, and have the opportunity to meet and work with current Lehigh players and coaching staff. All this, while affording our staff the opportunity to learn more about you as a person and player with in the highly competitive showcase format.
*Film – All sessions of the Showcase will be filmed and available to participants for personal use following the event.
- Boys grade 10
- This camp will be capping the event at 150 players to maximize exposure. The other showcases have sold out the last 2 years.
- All campers receive a camp reversible printed with Lehigh Valley Showcase, camp t-shirt and a subscription to INSIDE LACROSSE magazine
- Check-In will be 11:00am on Wednesday, July 24th.
- There will be a $50 key deposit charge due at Check-in. Key deposits will be returned when keys are turned in at Check-out.
- Late Check In will be available for those who are arriving from Hotbeds or any other tournament that conflicts with the Showcase
- Check-Out will be on Friday, July 26th immediately following a players last game in the afternoon session.
- Check-In and Check-Out will take place on Lehigh University’s Asa Packer campus (more details coming soon!)
- Items to Bring: Blankets, Sheets, Pillows, Towels, Toiletries, Fan, Alarm Clock, Spending Money, Shorts, t-shirts, socks, sweat top, rain top, cleats, turf shoes, basketball shoes, bathing suit, sunscreen, water bottle, casual clothing, lacrosse equipment (helmet, stick, gloves, arm pads, shoulder pads, athletic supporter, mouth guard).
- Roommates: Roommate requests can be made during on-line registration process. Both roommates must request each other in order to be roomed together. If no request is made, roommates will be selected according to age. No room changes will be permitted at camp. Any last minutes requests can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Only 2 occupants per room.
- Camp Store: Open daily for snacks, drinks, pizza orders, and specialty items.
- Accommodations & Meals: Overnight campers will get to experience dormitory living in the heart of the Asa Packer Campus (Main Campus). With our hill-side setting and a panoramic view of downtown Bethlehem, this is truly “dorm life” at its finest. Only a short walk to the dining hall, residents will receive three meals a day at the all-you-care-to-eat dining facility. They offer a wide variety of delicious menu items that will help you refuel for the next session.
2013 General Schedule (tentative)
11:00am –12:30pm Check in
1:30pm – 4:20pm Lacrosse Session 1 – Skills Combine group 1 & 2
5:00pm – Dinner
6:00pm – 8:20pm Lacrosse Session 2 – Evaluation Game group 1 & 2
9:00pm – Leadership Seminar (Emery/Congdon – (room # TBA)
10:30pm – In Own Rooms
11:00pm Lights Out
7:00am – Breakfast
9:00am–12:00pm Lacrosse Session 3 – Skills & Drills/ Round Robin Game1
11:45am – Lunch
2:00pm –4:30pm Lacrosse Session 4 – Round Robin Game 2
7:15pm –9:15pm Lacrosse Session 5 – Round Robin Game 3
9:30pm Recruiting Informational
11:00pm – In Own Rooms/Lights Out
9:00am–11:00am Lacrosse Session 6 – Championships
11:30am – All Star Showcase (All Star Team Announcements will take place morning of ‘Day 3’)
Check out will begin immediately following the first consolation game at 10:15am and will continue until after All Star Game.
- Resident: $595
- A 75% refund can be issued up until June 24th. After June 24th no refunds will be issued.
- Please email email@example.com